Thursday, March 26, 2015

God Knows Exactly What I Need


     This year I was not sure if I would participate in the Los Angeles Religious Education Congress at the Anaheim Convention Center. The Lord knew. What is that verse in the Bible to paraphrase, I have plans not to harm you but that you may prosper?

     Usually, I select my classes and make my hotel reservations in November of the year before. Make my commitment in February to singing in the Congress Choir. However, because of my mom's care I knew that I could not stay overnight, so I hesitated. I would have to get concurrence from my son, Justin who would care for his grandmother in my absence. I thought I would not be able to participate this year.

   You see, Congress is my yearly get away. It is my time to re-group. It is a busy downtime that just rejuvenates my spirit and is a catalyst for the energy I need to get through the rest of the year. I love Congress time. Seeing all the displays, the décor, the people, learning. I love to learn new things.

     I was truly blessed; Harmonia Choir was asked to do the Saturday morning prayer.  Choir members really came to the rescue in providing carpools. I made it! So many thanks to John and David.

    It was wonderful to have been there for Sister Edith's farewell as the leader of the Religious Education office. I only wish I could have been there Saturday night. However, God is good! He showed me the way. I trusted in my son and the Lord that he could care for his grandmother for long hours. He did a terrific job! When I arrived home Sunday, she had been fed, and her meds given. She was clean and in superb spirits, and my son was pretty calm. I thank him for that.

    I watched a number of sessions and a Mass online on Saturday afternoon and into the evening. On Sunday, I stayed in the arena and listened to the music and the speakers. A number of people I know were on stage at various times. What a joy to see and hear Victoria Radleigh sing with one of my favorite composer's of all time David Haas. That was a thrill! Good job Victoria!

    Didn't shop. That is dangerous these days. Oh yes, and my little sister gave me some pants that were brand new. I had them hemmed and wore them with my Harmonia shirt on Saturday. Thank you, Candi.

   Singing with Donna Pena is always a joy. Moreover, we sang a very beautiful song by Jeanne Cotter. I am not sure I completely understood the harshness of her message as I am "a freak of nature." However, some things need to come out in the open, and we need to start the conversation. "The Lord has done great things for me!" Don't I know.

   If you have never been to Congress, I recommend it. Even if you just go to hang out, take a look, enjoy all the music and booths full of music, books, statues, etc. It is a blessing.

   This time of year, any time of year for that matter God knows exactly what I need to raise my spirit. He knows what I need to keep going. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such good people, both family, and friends. I am so grateful for all the joys of Congress and Music.

I am so grateful "I am loved by the Lord," and hope you are grateful too! Yes, God knows exactly what I need.

"All is holy, all is blessed, all is beloved by my hand. And all is holy, all is blessed, all is beloved in my eyes ... " (Jeanne Cotter)










No comments:

Post a Comment