Saturday, August 23, 2014

Theological Reflection

     Today's class was fascinating in that my brain was registering the information as new even though I've studied the subject matter before.

     I was very pleased with all the individuals who made up our group discussions. All ages, from a twenty-something to a sixty something shared very personal information.  That in itself was amazing for a first time meeting and says to me that all felt very comfortable with each other leading to a very high level of trust.   Everyone shared in each of the group discussions.

     The lecturer was very engaging and made learning easy.  Each of the group activities, videos and songs reinforced and supported the information shared.

    A significant personal challenge for myself is that of being completely open as I am not used to sharing my life's history with others.  It may be easier to blog about it, but to discuss it with others is highly unusual for me.   This leads me to ask the question, is the Theological Reflective process something that I am willing to learn and put into practice?  Is it for me? My response is yes, as   continued spiritual growth is one of the main reasons I am in ACM.  Digging, going deeper into my experience and relationship with Jesus seems very scary.

     An old idea that seems new is that of life-long learning. It seems old because that's what I was taught in the business world.  Should you wish to get ahead one must continue learning more and more about products and services.  In the faith environment it is also a life-long learning / journey, the more one knows about oneself the more the growth in relationship with Jesus.

     "God is always up to something" Thomas Groome  What does He have in mind for me?  Why do I find myself searching at this particular time of life?  Jesus is the center of my life.

     Am I truly ready for a deeper relationship with myself, others and Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment